Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Giant Cupcake Cake and Cupcakes

I was so excited when I finally bought a giant cupcake pan almost two years ago, sad to say this is the first time I've ever used it. For my first giant cupcake though I am so happy with how this cake turned out. 
 I was asked to make a giant cupcake and 80 matching regular sized cupcakes for a 21st birthday party. The birthday girl only really asked one thing, that it all be in super bright colours, no pastels in sight. 
For the cake I used my favourite vanilla cake layered and frosted with cookies and cream buttercream, the outside of the cake was covered with rolled fondant and more fondant for the decorations. The cupcakes were vanilla with vanilla buttercream, topped with fondant cut-outs and maraschino cherries.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I tried a giant cupcake a few months back and it didn't look even half as good as this. Given that it's the most googled thing that leads to my blog, I hope some of these people start getting to yours instead now as this is definitely the way it should be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great finish and cake! Love the details on the cake board and the decoration of the giant cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such great colours! Your cupcake icing is so bright. How do you get your blue so blue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this (and I hope you wouldn't of minded) using my own fondant recipe to cover the giant cupcakes with. Came out looking exactly like this except I changed the pink to white and the white with purple. I also used a chocolate patty case for the bottom instead of fondant.

    ReplyDelete