Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dia de los Muertos Wedding Cake

With Dia de los Muertos celebrations finishing up this past weekend I though I should get in and quickly share this themed wedding cake I got to do recently.

The cake was a special request from a friend for her sisters day of the dead inspired wedding. I have to say I think its one of my favourites. 
In the spirit of the theme the cake was decorated with fondant sugar skulls and paper banners all in bight colours.
The cake was finished with a traditional folk art topper of a skeleton bride and groom ridding in a cart, sadly I didn't get it in the pictures.
New recipes coming next post. 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning cake! I would love to see the rest of the wedding pictures, sounds like such a great and unusual theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cake I love the color combinations! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete