Monday, September 24, 2012

Pink Black and Leopard Print Masquerade Cakes

A few weekends ago I got to make not one but two super awesome fun Birthday cakes. The cakes were for mother and daughter who were having a joint Masquerade themed birthday party.
The colours for the party were pink, black and silver, with some leopard print thrown in on the 21st cake.
I tried to match the shape and size of the cakes, tying them together using the same numbers and bows.
The masks were a great find from spotlight, with a few added feathers they matched the cake perfectly.
The 21st leopard print cake was my favourite vanilla cake with yummy vanilla buttercream.
To give guests more than one option the 50th pink and black cake was my go to chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream.
I loved having another reason to use my favourite new quilting tool.
Happy Birthday to both Birthday girls!
Glad to hear the party was great and everyone loved the cakes.

2 comments:

  1. These are one of your best cakes! I love how clean, elegant and full of details they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I can never get such a clean finish with buttercream underneath.

      Delete