Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sea Themed Cupcakes


These cupcakes were a father’s day gift for my dad, this post is a little late as father’s day was almost a week ago, sorry.

I thought sea themed cupcakes would be cute idea, Dad just got back from a cruise the day before I seen him.

For the cupcakes I used the same snickers cupcake recipe I made a few weeks ago only minus the chocolate frosting. For the blue frosting I replaced the peanut butter for vanilla buttercream.

For the sand I used crushed digestive biscuits, they are the Australian equivalent to graham crackers. I guess they are called digestives because of the wholemeal, but a little statement on the side of the pack made me giggle, it informed that the biscuits do nothing to aid in the digestion process.


For the cupcake toppers I made shark fins and life rings out of fondant. Sadly because of the weather the shark fins were still too soft when i took the pictures.




Boyfriend enjoyed the beach and life ring cupcakes, he said they were sand-sational. Shakes head.

9 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I love those shark fins, what an original idea (I can see my dad absolutely loving those)! And the life rings are just too sweet =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's really creative! It looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! They look so cute! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! Great ideas, I love the life savers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shark fins! And sand! And life-rings! And... all of it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The buoys are adorable! Beautiful cakes, as usual. I love masculine baked goods - it can be so hard to NOT make things pretty and girly all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh superb! These are so creative and look great. The shark fins are hilarious. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg! how cute are these?!?! I love them!

    ReplyDelete