Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mint-Chocolate Rocky Road

Dear Girl at supermarket checkout, I just wanted to say a big fat sarcastic thanks a lot for coughing all over me the other day, that was really awesome of you, I've been sick all week!

While I haven't felt up to getting off the couch (or out of my pajamas) all week it did give me a chance to sort out all my photos and get some new posts organized.
My second rocky road experiment this year was another success, with three of the four ingredients containing mint it sure lives up to its name. If you a fan of mint and chocolate you should totally make this and eat it. Or you could gift it to someone you know who loves mint chocolate and they will probably give you a hug in return.
For the Rocky Road

150 grams mini mint slice cookies
200 grams white marshmallows
300 grams mint chip chocolate
200 grams mint leaves

To make the Rocky Road- Line a small brownie pan with non stick paper. Cut the marshmallows, mint slice and mint leaves in half.
Break the mint chip chocolate up into a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave the chocolate in short bursts until it is all melted, keep an eye on the chocolate and take care not to burn it.
Throw the mint leaves, marshmallows and mint slice cookie bits into a large bowl and give them a bit of a mix. Pour in the melted chocolate and stir until everthing is coated.
Pour the rocky road mixture into the prepared pan and smooth over with a spatula. Stick it in the fridge to set.
Once set cut the rocky road into squares and enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've not been well. The mintiness of this slice should certainly clear your nose. It looks delicious. Shame we can't get mint leaves in the UK. They add such a fun colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. These look so yummy. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a great idea...may just have to try the recipe :) Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kara, I've just discovered your delicious blog and just LOVE this mint rocky road recipe. I love chocolate and I love mint, why didn't I think of this before. Thanks for the inspiration and hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a great idea...may just have to try the recipe :) siteknonews Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete